How will we support your child when he/she moves to another class or school?

We recognise that transitions can be difficult for a child with SEN and take steps to ensure that any transition is as smooth as possible.

If your child is moving to another school:

  • You need to let us know the name of your child’s new school and we are happy to contact that school and ensure they know about any special arrangements or support needed for your child.
  • We will make sure that all records about your child are passed on as soon as possible.

When moving to the next class within Hornbill

Information will be passed on to the new Class Teacher in advance and a planning meeting will take place with the new teacher. All IEPs will be shared with the new teacher.

Your child will also spend some time in his/her new class; additional support/visits will be planned as required to make transition as smooth and reassuring as possible.

During Year 6

We recommend that:

  • You register your child with Children's Education Advisory Service (CEAS) if you are leaving Brunei. CEAS can provide invaluable support with looking at schools, provide support with admissions and is able to liaise with schools and local authorities. They provide expert and impartial advice about the education of service children. We strongly recommend that you register your child with CEAS and utilise their services. Please go to for more information;
  • You and your child visit your child’s new secondary school early in Year 6 if staying in Brunei.